Wednesday 16 April 2014

Great North Steam Fair - Beamish Museum 2014

I try to get along to this annual event every year, and look out for new things to photograph, so not many steam machine shots this time!


Four different varieties of steam wagon.


Tried my hand at panning - need to use a slightly lower shutter speed - despite choosing ISO 100 and f8, the background blur is not as pronounced as I would have liked. Probably needs to be sub 1/100th for these relatively slow vehicles. I believe that this is a 1903 Ariel motorcycle.


Hold on to your hat, 1927 Star Motors car


Smiling lady cyclist on vintage bicycle, my favourite shot of the day.


Meccano models of the locos that competed in the Rainhill Trials by Fred Thompson

Sony NEX 6, probably Pentax 28mm f3.5 K and (Samsung) 35mm f2

No comments: