Monday 23 August 2010

Model Boats at Saltwell Park

The model boat club at Saltwell invited their Tynemouth colleagues over for the day, so there was a good turn out of models this Sunday. The two boats that caught my attention were both based upon local prototypes.



A small fishing boat based upon a coble style hull, I presume that the registration indicates a North Shields based vessel.



Charles Parsons' famous Turbinia, the prototype of which resides in Newcastle's Discovery museum.



Men having fun.

2 comments:

Kosmas Makis said...

Amazing photos with fantastic ship models. Great job.

I also have several such photos in my blog: http://rc-boatfanatic.blogspot.com/

Heedlad said...

Thanks for looking Kosmas.

I am not into model boats, but I looked up your blog and was impressed with your model of the fishing boat, and the idea to mount a camera on it.