Monday 4 January 2010

The One That Got Away

I visited the Washington Wetlands Centre (http://www.wwt.org.uk/washington) this afternoon and spent a very cold hour within the woodland hide. The usual suspects were to be seen, a blackbird or two, bullfinch, chaffinch, various tits and the ubiquitous Robin. Rumour has it that a tree creeper was spotted, but not by me.

Lulled into a false sense of security, I completely missed the opportunity when a Sparrow Hawk plunged into the scene, briefly alighted on a branch and was gone as quickly as it had appeared. Needless to say, the locals all scattered.






I used my aged Vivitar 285 flash to take these photographs. The birds don't appear to be bothered by flash, whereas movement or noise does disturb them.

Canon 450D Sigma 100-300 f4 Vivitar 285 flashgun.

No comments: